Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Furry Flurries


Last night we were gifted with that beautiful fluffy soft kind of snowfall that I can sit and watch forever. Especially since a lot of houses still have their Christmas Lights on at night. It was really coming down when I went to bed – oh, how I wish I had thought to get a photo of that.

That meant that this morning I got to play in the driveway :) Snow accumulation on the driveway wasn’t so bad but the street and sidewalk plows had really piled it up at the end of the driveway and it’s just easier to shovel it now before it’s all compacted. I can’t complain too much as this is the first time I have had to shovel this winter.

In addition to the birds, I could hear the scrape of other shovels as the neighbors shoveled their driveways and then I saw a couple walking up the adjacent street. He had lengthened his shovel handle by attaching another handle to the original. Why didn’t I think of that??? I despise leaning over to shovel because the handles all seem so short (and I’m already short!) unless you buy an ergonomic shovel that costs 3 times as much. They also had a stick with what looked like a paint roller on the end – perfect for pushing snow off the roof of a car.

Time outside also gave me pause (or is it paws?) to say a brief prayer for the shy little stray that often leaves footprints on my porch and probably sleeps underneath when the wind and snow blow. Later, when I was making my lunch I was nagged by the little woman to the left for a snack…she doesn’t know how good she has it. Just ask Cali who spent the last two winters out in the snow...

No comments: