Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

World's Bestest BLT

Ok, so I'm a little biased on this sandwhich but I think it's the bomb and after eating them all weekend, thought I should share!

Start by frying 3 strips of maple bacon. I found mine pretty greasy so I spooned off most of the grease when it was just over half cooked and then it crisped perfectly. Don't forget to dab off more grease with a paper towel.


Meanwhile, lightly toast 2 slices of herb bread baked in a beehive bake oven, prefereably at the Wyoming County Fair (ok, it's the only BBO I have access to and it's almost gone. boohoo.). Slather one side with Guacamole dip. Lay down 2 thick slices of fresh-from-the-garden tomatoes and the maple bacon.


Cover the whole sandwhich with romaine lettuce and slather the other slice of bread with good-old-fashioned-mayo. Complete assembly and enjoy your sandwhich while watching Six Feet Under Season One on DVD.


Funky fish-shaped sushi plate is optional   :)
Enjoy!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Oh man, that looks GOOD!

Janet O. said...

You lost me on the guacamole dip--I'm allergic.
Through the rest of your description I could feel my mouth start to burn. : )

Denise :) said...

I love it -- right down to the fish plate! :)

Lauren Sgranfetto said...

OMG- my stomach just growled. I better go have dinner-

Carol E. said...

I looooove BLTs! Gotta have one soon!