Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, October 24, 2011

Design Wall Monday - 10/24/11

This stunning photo shows my new 20 gallon crock. I paid "too much" at a local auction but not near as much as I could find around the internet and those examples don't even have handles like mine. Thank God for the handles cuz this sucker is heavy - it is not a one person crock. Mom offered Dad to make a top for it so I can put it in the window with a kitty cushion! I think it's big enough to stand a few bolts of fabric/batting upright but I haven't tried it yet - it was in some one's barn and needs a bit of attention.

You can also see the RWB candle mat on my design wall. I found the pattern link from my friend Denise's blog. I think my mat looks too busy but after looking at Denise's again, I think maybe it's just that mine is only RWB and there isn't any place for your eyes to rest except the solid corner squares. I was thinking this morning that I might try to make another one with the fabric Mom got me from the Adirondacks...sorry, can't find the picture. There are about 5 or 6 coordinated fabrics and I would do the center as a square in square to eliminate some of the seams. This one and it's twin will probably be finished for a bazaar I am doing in November.

3 comments:

Denise :) said...

Hey! That's pretty cool! I like the way yours looks -- in fact, I don't think it's too busy at all -- all the RWB's work very nicely together. Are you really a lighthouse collector? I saw the little sign. And I love your crock -- it's beautiful -- what a TERRIFIC find! :)

Janet O. said...

Now that's a lot of crock!!
I think the candle mat looks good as is. I'd give it a solid binding and call it good!

Anonymous said...

You're so lucky to have that crock - and putting a lid and cushion on it sounds like a great idea.