Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, October 31, 2011

Design Wall Monday - 10/31/11

Sunday I worked on finishing this table topper - the top was already pieced and it was actually sandwiched. I merely had to quilt and bind the little sucker :)

I quilted a grid over the 4 arrowhead blocks and then used one of my favorite patterns (can't remember the book title at the moment) to create this pinwheel type effect. I understand she will or does have a second book out so I'll be looking for it at IQF-Houston since I didn't get in to her class.


















The border just has 4 rows of straight quilting around the center. Simple but effective.

3 comments:

Denise :) said...

Fascinating -- the quilting really does so much for this quilt -- it enhances an already lovely pieced topped, beautifully!! I like the kitten love, too. :)

Janet O. said...

That is a fascinating quilting pattern. Perfect for this quilt.
Have another machine quilting class in the morning. I haven't done any since the last class. I'll never get as proficient as you if I don't find time to practice!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Great quilting! What a neat design!