Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Snowflakes

Yes - they really are calling for snow on Thursday and Friday!!! I don't have the yard ready yet but I don't think that alone will stop the snow...

You may remember that I bought these woven snowflake kits back during our September Shop Hop. I was told they were an exclusive design for that store (altho I saw them at another store) so I don't know if they are available elsewhere.

I think they are adorable but I've found some design issues I would change if I made these again in future. The kit comes with 4 rectangles of fabric with fusible on the back. There are also 2 squares of shiny poster board. You are supposed to iron the fabric/fusible to the poster board - think I'll just use a thin Peltex style fusible next time since the pieces aren't sticking very well.

The pattern suggested using super glue or plain white glue. I had this Fabric Fusion that supposedly is dry cleanable and permanent. Not so...I've already had to reglue the middle section and anchor it with more books. I hope to have this snowflake finished by tomorrow but I'll wait a while to see how the glue holds before I do the second kit.

3 comments:

Denise :) said...

Oh my -- are they really calling for snow for you all??! All ready?!?!?! WOW! No snow in our forecast. Of course, that's no surprise, either! On the other hand, Todd is out there weatherproofing for winter. We do have colder, wetter stuff headed out way.

I love your little snowflakes -- I can't wait to see one sans binder clips! :)

Janet O. said...

Bundle up!!
I'm anxious to see the finished product on the snowflake!

Michelle said...

They look very interesting.

Snow!
I hope it doesn't get to cold for you.
I have never seen snow, but one day DH will take us to the mountains.