Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Thursday, December 08, 2011

Miracle

Ahhh the miracle of prescribed drugs!!

I've been laying low with a sinus and ear infection (seems to be becoming an annual thing. boohoo) but I finally went to the doctor yesterday. I haven't had the umph to sew, let alone post something clever and then answer comments so I just disappeared all week. Sorry! I spent my evenings watching season 2 of Lost on DVD and doing a few hexies now and then.

Last night and today I feel completely different. Look what I made:


The directions are here and it just uses 12 charm squares and some Steam a Seam 2. I'll be making one more star from this fabric and then I'll make a larger one with 10" fabric squares. Not sure what fabric I'll use for the larger star since I'm just about out of these fabrics. All white might be pretty or I could just use reds and greens from my stash. What do you think?

6 comments:

Ann Summerville said...

That is amazing. Hope you're feeling better, I just got over that nasty stuff too.
Ann

Denise :) said...

I'm *so* glad you're feeling better! Next time, go to the doctor SOONER!! :) The star is AMAZING! Thanks for sharing the link for it! All white or white and red would be a pretty combo!

I made Ginger Oatmeal cookies this morning -- new recipe I found on the Cooks Illustrate website. YUM! Wish we could share a plate of cookies and a pot of tea! :)

Janet O. said...

Glad you are on the mend. Wondered where you were.
This star is beautiful. Though I'm sure this would be beautiful in all white, I think the contrasting fabrics give it so much dimension. How about doing a white/green combo and a white/red combo from stash fabrics? Or just the colors you have used here, even though they may not be holiday prints?

Lauren Sgranfetto said...

Glad you're feeling better! I just figured you were cranking on christmas presents- I know I have to!
The star is very cool

Michelle said...

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better.
Love the ornament, it looks fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Checked out the Charm Snowflake - I'm going to try one.

Hope you're feeling better every day.