Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Retreat Report #4

I promise this is the last retreat report and it's kind of random leftovers at that...

In response to several comments yesterday hoping to see my Easy Street border fabrics:

The border colors are so rich that they should pick out the same colors
in the quilt center which kind of recede behind the lime green.

The retreat was held at Camp Asbury on Silver Lake, a whopping 3 or 4 miles from my house, but there were people from up to 50 miles away as well as an attendees friend from Florida - she had fun in the snow! My previous experience at Asbury had only been for 3 rescue calls - and 2 of those were for quilt retreats. Luckily we didn't need an ambulance during our retreat!


Another project I worked on was my 4" leader-ender baskets. I kitted up quite a few blocks before the retreat but 90% of what I was working on was kind of self-leader-endering (new word!!) so I didn't get many made during retreat. Instead, I have been trucking away at them since and now have 10 more blocks done for a total of 40. Once I figure out how to do the layout I want in EQ I can determine how many more I need to make. I hope it's a lot because I really enjoy making them...

Ok, you know I had to bring some hexies with me but I didn't make much progress...and I didn't even take a picture for you because it's the same ole hexagon puzzle project. Tomorrow is hexie night at my LQS so I should make some good progress. My goal is to have this project done by the end of March. Keep your fingers crossed.



7 comments:

Missy Shay said...

I'm going to make a basket quilt for my sister next year, I just have to find the right pattern! I love your border colors!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Great border fabrics and just adore your little baskets!

Janet O. said...

Wow--love the punch of those rich border batiks! Great choices!!
Cute little baskets, Sarah. How large a quilt do you plan to make with them, since you enjoy making them so much? : )

Vireya said...

Love your border fabrics! They look fantastic, thanks for showing them.

Frances Meredith said...

Sounds like you had a great retreat, lots done and great not to have loads of travelling time.

Denise :) said...

Oh gracious, I love, LOVE that deep, rich purple! YUMMY!!!! Your baskets are sweet ... lots of lovely colors there! :)

Me and My Stitches said...

Ohhhh...those border fabrics are just perfect - they are really going to be the perfect finish for this quilt. And, as always, I love your baskets - never met a basket that I didn't like!