Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, May 06, 2013

Design Wall Monday - 5/6/13

I present you with my design clipboard 8^)

I bought the pansy fabrics a few weeks ago and couldn't bear to just tuck it away in the stash. I decided that it needed to be a hexie project. (imagine that?!) Mickey has been posting these star designs on her blog so I thought I would give it a shot.


I spent an evening playing with colored pencils and then raiding the stash. I only had to buy some of the dark purple so that I would have enough, and it was on sale to finish the bolt so now I have plenty! I will use a neutral to fill out the star into a square and put the pansies on the back to make a pillow.  I needed this project like a hole in the head but it's hard to resist my 3 fav colors in one project along with one of my fav flowers...



3 comments:

Carla said...

Someone has the hexi - bug : )

Missy Shay said...

I love that pansy fabric!

Michelle said...

I love purple too......and the pansy's are pretty.
Interesting new project....!!