Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, July 01, 2013

Design Floor Monday - 7/1/13

Happy July 1 - the year is officially half over! I would swear it was just January a few days ago...
On the other hand...I'll be camping in just 10 days!

I got the side borders on my honeycomb tumblers quilt. It's almost square, which I am fine with, but now I am questioning if I need to do a little something for the top and bottom. I see my choices as:
  1. Leave it as is - it's unusual and cool!
  2. Add just a couple rows of the stripes on the top and bottom - they would run horizontal to follow the sides but also because vertical didn't look good.
The quilt is a good couch size. It could be a bit longer but for just another 2 or 3 inches at top and bottom it won't make much of a difference. I guess what I am saying is that the looks of the quilt is really what is going to make this decision. And unfortunately for you, the house was still dark this morning due to the rain and I forgot to bring scrap stripes to work for the photo session...you'll have to use your imagination...

Sew tell me...which option would you choose for the borders?



5 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

That border fabric really looks great - oh, I would go with 'it is done'.

Janet O. said...

I might try the horizontal strips and see how I liked it.

Chantal said...

Hi Sarah

The quilt looks wonderful! If it was me I would add a border to the top and bottom. It almost makes the quilt appear wider than it is long because ones eyes are attracted to the two sides. Anyway, that is just my five cents worth! Hee hee!

Denise :) said...

Ummm...I like how it looks right this very second. Unusual and cool. LOL! :)

Carla said...

Hmmmmm it is rather cool.....