Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Not quite V-Day yet...

Ok, so I'm not fond of Black Friday - other than the choco of course. And yes, I know you've seen this already but it bears repeating!!!


Tomorrow is the annual Chocolate in the Stacks fundraiser at my local library. Chocolate themed snacks and drinks are scattered around the library and tickets are drawn for a fabulous Chinese basket auction. Several of the baskets contain tea, quilting, cooking or wine items and gain the majority of my tickets. There are always lots of snacks leftover so we get to take them home. Want to talk about a choco overload!!!

And since there is no one to send me flowers or singing telegrams tomorrow, I bought my own flowers at the local grocery store. LOL. In real life the purple is so dark it's almost black. Gorgeous!


Happy Chocolate Day tomorrow!!


6 comments:

Janet O. said...

A beautiful African Violet, Sarah! So many of mine need repotting and this healthy beauty reminds me of that fact (and makes me feel guilty)!

Missy Shay said...

That sounds like a lot of fun!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I buy my own flowers, too. I haven't had an African Violet in a long time - maybe I should treat myself.

Denise :) said...

I think you've got a good thing going on! Your violets are just beautiful!!! :)

Denise :) said...

I think you've got a good thing going on! Your violets are just beautiful!!! :)

Michelle said...

Lovely African violet.......
We used to have them when I was a kid.