Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Calm after the storm

Did y'all miss me yesterday??

I had planed on a wacky weather wordless Wednesday post but when the boss said it was ok to go home at 10:30 am due to the blizzard, I beat it w/out a thought to posting anything on the blog. I'll save my photo for HeLP for Hexie-aholics on Monday so that gives you a hint as to what my photo was...


Of course, instead of heading right home, I had to make a small detour. The bookstore next door was having an everything 50% off 50th Birthday sale so I picked up this darling tea pot. As soon as I got home and shoveled into the driveway I made a pot of blueberry kona bliss. Yumm!


I had plans of working at home - typing library minutes, working in EQ7, dishes, laundry, etc. I ended up spending a delightfully lazy afternoon on the couch watching Bones on DVD and working on hexies. I almost got another 2 small rosettes done! And despite it being mom's suggestion, I even took a little nap. I suppose that helped with the chore that waited for me this morning.

This is on the least windy side of the house

All day yesterday, I had 3 lazy bone cats napping away. Zorro never once asked to go out so he clearly had an evil eye on the evil weather. Even this morning when I was going out to shovel, Zorro barely got near the door. Squeaky wanted out but was quick to change her mind once she realized was what waiting on the porch for her.


Yes - it was still dark out when I started shoveling and the falling snow created streaky photos. The birds weren't even out yet! I have no idea how accurate this drift is as the snow tends to blow across the driveway but the whole driveway was about as deep as the front of my car - at least 12" to 15". Thankfully the neighbor came out to help me finish the heaviest snow at the end of the driveway. Thanks Gregg!

Eventually the sun came up and it's been blue skies and sunny since.
Uhhh - did I mention it's going to be in the 40s tomorrow??!!




4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Looks a lot like home - where is Spring?

Missy Shay said...

What a beautiful teapot!

Michelle said...

That is a lovely teapot.........
The snow does look beautiful..........but a big pain !
Sounds like you enjoyed your snow day........

Janet O. said...

What a fun teapot!
Oh, my. When will the shoveling end?!?