Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Thursday, May 15, 2014

i DO remember how to use my sewing machine!

Just so all y'all know - I thought I would share a few recent projects, proving that I  DO remember how to use my Bernina!


I've made a few more leader/ender basket blocks. There is actually another one almost done and several more cut out ready to be stitched. You're probably thinking that something looks a little different with my basket blocks...that's because I am throwing in a few odd ball baskets just to keep it interesting. I know - I'm easily amused!


In the box is the 60+ finished baskets just to show you the different baskets. It's super easy to switch out a 4 patch for a HST to come up with a really different look.


I've also been participating in Pam Buda's Market Day SAL and just finished up week three's blocks. Good timing since #4 is posted tomorrow. Since I had them out for a photo, I thought I would play with some layout ideas. Top left is my favorite. Maybe I should mention I am making the mini size: each of these blocks is 2" unfinished.

Now, don't forget to come back this Saturday for the next HeLP for Hexie-aholics linky party to remind yourself again just how much I am addicted to hexies!!! :)  Cya then!


2 comments:

Janet O. said...

Wow, look at you, sewing on a machine! : )
I'm all for keeping things interesting. I like a random rogue basket now and then!
I am hoping to catch up with Pam's SAL tomorrow, now that the trunk show is OVER!! Doing the mini version, too, of course. Are you keeping yours in patriotic colors? I like it so far!
You've got some really interesting options there. Wonder if any of them are right.

margaret said...

baskets are looking good and like the way you have switched the triangles. The tiny blocks are good too, think I will have to have a look at this SAL mind you not tiny like your though