Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, August 18, 2014

Design Wall Monday - 8/18/14

Thanks to good swift cyber kick in the butt from Frances yesterday, I made some progress on my "Jared Takes an Asian Wife" which is my spin on Bonnie's quilt. I would like to complete the quilt (at least the top) before I take a class with Bonnie in mid-September.


This was my status as of May and it hadn't changed a wink.
 
Yesterday I fiddled in EQ7...
The center 4x5 layout is completed and shown above with super model Zorro
 
The green/neutral corners have been done since May.
 
I have very little black left so there was barely enough to do the interior star points on the outer round of blocks - I think the red star points really makes the whole thing sing.
 
All the other parts are cut except for the star centers. I know where I am leaning but what do you think? Yellow centers like the left side of the layout or green like the right side? Red was a last minute contender.


The yellow and red are direction in case it makes a difference...

I had originally wanted to make the quilt bigger before adding a border but since this 6x7 layout is 72"x84" I probably won't add one. That's subject to woman's prerogative tho!

6 comments:

Janet O. said...

In the EQ layout, I think the yellow gives the quilt a sparkle, but when I look at the blocks individually, I like the green center. How is that for no help at all? *LOL* But I think I would vote for the "sparkle effect".
Does Zorro charge pretty hefty fees for modeling?

margaret said...

I was surprised to say I opt fom the yellow, never thought green would not come top with me but I can see what Janet means about seeing the blocks on their own the green works, bear in mind though that the blocks will not be alone so yes yellow for me

Frances Meredith said...

I have closed my eyes, I will wait to see your decision in 29 days!

Me and My Stitches said...

Fun quilt - and I love your model! I like the RED centers!

Missy Shay said...

I thought it looked pretty cool exactly they way it looks, with both!

Angie in SoCal said...

Wow! I sure like your version. Thanks for sharing.