Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Wednesday update

I'll spare you the details but things are all out of whack at one of my other paid jobs which means the sewing I had planned to do this weekend has been shuffled to evenings this week.

I've been working on my Jared Takes an Asian Wife. I am still stalling on choosing the center fabric (altho yellow seemed the winner, there was also interest in the green or a two color option as in my photo) until I get more parts done to lay it out on the floor for a real live look see :-)

I have the parts for the 4 all-red corner blocks done except for assembly with the center fabric.

I also have all the sections with black points done and I'm working on the rest of the red bits. Can you see that the red is directional? I cut enough red to do all the points, not yet knowing that I was going to use the black. I'm trying to work methodically enough to not do more red than necessary since time is of the essence: 23 days 20 hours 34 minutes and 51 seconds!


I also need to make a table runner for an upcoming class...I tried and tried to get more purples to play nice together for a scrappy look but finally went with just the one fabric. The paisley-ish fabric will either be down the center and on both sides:

Or I could put the wandering geese side by side and use the paisley-ish fabric just on the out-sides.

The 2 purples on the front are from the same line as the backing :)


5 comments:

Chantal said...

Lovely Miss Sarah. Sorry that your paying job is all discombobulated!

Janet O. said...

I really like those purple wandering geese!

Julierose said...

Loving your Jared colors! I think that Purples are very hard to coordinate with other colors successfully. Hugs, Julierose

margaret said...

not heard of Jared takes an Asian wife so interesting to see how it turns out. Downton Abbey fabric looks good in the flying geese design,

Carla said...

Wouldn't it be nice if life would just settle into a regular rhythm ?!
I stepped back from work just 1 day per pay period and am looking forward to more time at home.
Your runner is looking great. Plum is my new favourite colour. I like all the geese side by side : )