Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Friday, December 26, 2014

Feline Friday - Helpin'


Despite this whole Get. It. Off. Me. Now. moment, I decided to help Momma with her quilt anyway.

Does your Momma leave Christymas presents on the table too? Ugh.

I mean, I couldn't see how HE was going to be helpful and my favorite sissy is more in to afghans so that just left me!

Yipper - I put on my serious face for a serious job.
I think at this time we were listening to a Stephanie Plum book and I was really trying hard not to laugh!

I held down the quilt any time Momma wanted to take a break. You know how these quilts can get away from us...


I also investigated the interior of the quilt...I couldn't find a single monster! Ty-Guy should appreciate that...

Mr Tough Guy. 

Yesterday, Momma gave the quilt to Favorite Nephew Tyler. Other than a handwriting disaster on the label I am pretty sure the kiddo likes it. He gave Momma a big hug before he even opened the quilt to see the top.

And now she needs to start a quilt for Favorite Nephew Ryan who ever so quietly asked Momma if she had made him one too... Makes a heart break, it does.

See all y'all next year!!!!




6 comments:

Denise :) said...

So glad you've got such a thorough and conscientious helper!! And I knew Tyler would love his quilt -- it's so cool! What will you come up with for Ryan?! :)

Missy Shay said...

It turned out great! A couple of years ago I made a quilt for my niece and nephew to avoid that very problem! LOL

Janet O. said...

How would you get anything done without such diligent help?

A few years ago I was making a Disney "Cars" quilt for one grandson and had the thought that his younger brother was going to wonder why he didn't get one. So I used some very creative piecing to put the scraps into a second, smaller quilt, and I burned a lot of midnight oil to get it done. It was worth it.
Ryan will love a quilt whenever he gets it, for sure! : )

Michelle said...

My cat never liked me putting him in clothes when I was a kid........!!
Love the quilt and Tyler looks very happy too.......

margaret said...

what fun you have with your cats, quilt looks very special for Tyler

Me and My Stitches said...

Looks just like the help that happens around here! I bet you will have a quilt whipped up for that special nephew in no time!