Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, September 01, 2015

The Bibliophile Files - 9/1/15

WooHoo!! Another long list of finished books. I do think that listening to mp3s on my iPhone while I walk is serving two purposes - I keep walking to hear more of the stories and I therefore finish more books. At least 4 of the following books were finished while walking 2 miles at a time :)

On the other hand, having a mp3 audiodisk on my car stereo doesn't get me very far very fast given my 10 minute commute each day and a few random errands. On the third hand (LOL), I don't have to remember to bring an audiodisk when I have a road trip to guild or the big city - I'm the forgetful type. Of course, now that's it's school tax season and I'll be making 2 trips a day to the school I should be able to add another 20 minutes a day. LOL.

What do you do to "read" more??

FINISHED!!
1st to Die
Deception - Another new to me series.
Trial by Fire
6th Target
Chiefs - it kills me that the next 2 books in this series are not available on audiobook. This was a fabulous book covering the timespan of 3 different police chiefs in a small town and I don't want to miss a thing before I read another in the series.
Live Bait - this is part of a series that I am still deciding if I will follow. Enough said.
5th Horseman
Torpedo Juice - another jam packed, ADD paced story in this series. I love hearing about south Florida locales given my 14 years in Miami.
The Myth of You & Me - I got this suggestion from some email and all my library system had was the abridged version. The details finally made sense at the the end but I always wonder what they cut out to abridge a book.
7th Heaven - finished this baby this morning. There were probably much more important chores to be doing but I just had to find out the solution to the 3 mysteries in this book. I love the fact that instead of solving one crime, there are usually 3 or 4 to solve in each book in the series.

CURRENTLY:
audiobook on my home stereo - At the Water's Edge - excellent book - can't wait to get home and hear some more of the story. Same author as Water for Elephants.
mp3 on my car stereo - The Housemaid's Daughter - this was supposed to be on par with The Help. It's not. A decent but kinda slow moving story which is even slower given 10 minute chunks while driving to work.
mp3 on my iPhone - 3rd Degree - it's getting annoying to listen to this series out of order but I am at the mercy of the library system. I also love the fact that instead of solving one crime, there are usually 3 or 4 to solve.
paperback still on my nightstand - The Other Family - what can I say...when it's time to go to bed, it's time to sleep so I don't get much reading done. Maybe this holiday weekend I can bang out the book since I have no renewals left at the library.

And now it's your turn! What have you been reading?? We want to hear about your latest novel, quilt book, magazine or even the last cereal box you read!!



No comments: