Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, November 30, 2015

Design Wall Monday - 11/30/15

I was going to pose a hypothetical photo question today but, it seems, tho I took, erased and re-took a photo of my half-snowball blocks, it's not on my camera. Phooey.


I was going to ask which was worse: pressing open and then pinwheeling 128 four-patches or drawing the line across squares, sewing them to bigger squares, pressing them open and then trimming for 128 half-snowball blocks? I vote for the snowballs...

Either way they are done and now I can begin assembling the top for Ryan's quilt.
25 days to finish it - I can do it!!


This is will be my new decoration for this year - the purples and white are torn into strips and tied to the lights to be hung in my quilt lab windows. I have a string between the dining and living rooms but it's in homespuns and not really my style any more - some day that fabric be replaced.


And finally, I joined the Secret Santa Sac Swap this year. My package arrived on Saturday!!!! We have not yet been told the date to open our sacs which are filled with 5 more (wrapped) gifts so I'll be in suspense for some time to come.


I did have an inspector to check out my sac, along with the bells. No worries tho as the sac has now been stashed - hopefully out of sight and out of mind for both the inspector and myself...

7 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, that sack looks like it opens up into a table topper - love the bells on the tips. My package of goodies arrived, too - and I didn't squish a thing - yet!

Chantal said...

How exciting - for you and the inspector! I bet he will like the wrapping paper more than the presents inside the sack! Hope you can hold out until opening day!!!! I like the light idea for your quilt lab!

Janet O. said...

That sack looks very fun--love the bells on the tips. You are strong to have that around and not peek. : )

margaret said...

well done to resist, not even have a feel so tempting! I think drawing the lines on the squares is the better way or at least the lesser of 2 evils too but having to do loads of either method can be a bore! just think of the finished effect then all will be worth it

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

THats a lot of pressing and trimming! The pkg is a test of your will power

Denise :) said...

I'd like to see your lights/fabric deal when it's hung -- it sounds interesting!! Are you doing Bonnie's new mystery? I don't think I've seen you talk about that! Did Z find anything to his liking the the SS sack?!? :)

Jo said...

Your lights idea sounds interesting. Can't wait for you to show them... At least your cats will enjoy the sack too