Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Thursday, December 08, 2016

Not much to share this week...

There hasn't been much crafting going on at my house lately...I had a craft sale on Monday and since then I've been putzing around, trying not to get sick again and preparing for the annual party at my house this weekend.


I completed 3 more tatted snowflakes. Today I was even asked to teach a tatting class at the "Fiber Flurry" in March, a local event now in it's third year. I'm excited!


I've spent a little time on my En Provence mystery quilt. I went to a non-LQS last weekend and finally picked out the "frame" of my colors - now I'll pull from my stash to fill out the scrappy variety that I adore. When I go up to the city (and another non-LQS) next week, I'll fill in more.

I'm still planning on making a smaller version of the quilt so I shouldn't need to purchase a lot more. Bwahaha - who am I kidding??!! I go to the city store once a year - I'll buy what ever jumps in my shopping basket!

You can see, in the front, that I cut out my magenta tri-recs - I still need to cut the neutral section. I'll do that Sunday after my party. I think it will be a nice way to relax after the stress of party prep (cleaning, decorating, gift wrapping). Any excuse, right? Especially since there will be another clue out tomorrow to play with...

Linking to Bonnie's Mystery Linky Party.


9 comments:

Janet O. said...

You know I adore the snowflakes!!
Very exciting to be asked to teach a class on tatting. After seeing your work up close and personal, I'd say they found a good teacher!
Your fabrics are mouth-watering! How very honest of you to admit that you will buy whatever lands in your cart.
Do we need a reason? : )

Vroomans' Quilts said...

How excellent to be asked to teach such a treasured artwork. You have a lovely start to your fabrics.

Pamela said...

Beautiful snowflakes. Wish I could take the class!

Jo said...

Love the fabrics for your mystery

margaret said...

your tatting is lovely and the fabric choice cold not be better, have a lovely party on sunday

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love the snowflakes. The first one would make an ideal spool pin doily for a vintage machine.

Denise :) said...

Your stars are beautiful -- I so wish I could take the class from you!! Your new fabrics are yummy! But then, of course, you have good taste!! Stay healthy!!! :)

MissPat said...

Hope you don't get too snowed in. I'm in Avon and we have just a light dusting, but you must be right under the snow guns. I'm doing a smaller version of the BH mystery too. And I haven't even gone to look up the new clue yet.

Chantal said...

Beautiful snowflakes Sarah. I also like your fabrics for Bonnie's mystery quilt. I have been playing catchup on that today. Sheesh, how quickly one gets behind. Anyhow, it's all fun isn't it.