Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, February 08, 2017

The Bibliophile Files - 2/8/17

I didn't so much forget to post this yesterday as forget to bring my list of read books. I'm going to blame it on sitting and waiting forever for a doctor's appointment. How can the first appointment of the day be 45 minutes late??!! Grrrr...

Any way...welcome to my monthly book report of the books I have read or listened to in the last month.

Goodreads says I'm one book behind schedule to finish 90 for the year. That is easily fixed if it would stop raining so I could go for a long walk and listen to my iPhone book.

FINISHED
     Books Can be Deceiving
     Falling to Pieces - a new-to-me series that includes the Amish and quilting. What's not to like?
    Truly Madly Guilty - a good book which was also frustrating cuz I just wanted to know what the secret was so let's get on with all the personal drama.
     The Underground Railroad - Do NOT read this book if you like traditional underground railroad stories. This version of the railroad drove me bonkers!
     This Boy's Life
     The Eye of Heaven - a Fargo Adventrue book - one of my current favorite series for the historical information that's included, assuming it's accurate, of course.
     Killer Smile - another awesome series. I really enjoyed the author's note at the end to hear about her family and the story themes that were based on her family's immigrant Italian history

IN PROGRESS
     on my iPhone - Most Dangerous
     on my home stereo - Due or Die - I guess this is considered a cozy mystery. I like that the series takes place in a small town and revolves around the local library. I finished book 1 and 2 within weeks of each other...best get #3 on order...

And now it's your turn! What books have you read recently? And by books, I mean a novel, magazine, quilt pattern book or cereal box =^..^=



No comments: