Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Wednesday Weather Report #1

I've finished the first rosette for my Hexie Temperature Quilt!!

There really was quite a swing in the temperatures: 80s-80s-50s-60s-70s-60s-60s.


I was debating this morning on how to orient the rosette on the background squares. It was a long debate with neither one really sticking out more than the other. I was actually thinking that maybe I could just alternate back and forth.

What do you think? I like the symmetry of having them all oriented the same but it's going to be a crazy quilt anyway so why not alternate the orientations??!!


And just because I keep forgetting... here's the hunter star mothership. I know I said 14 blocks on Monday but apparently I don't know how to count...oopsies.


7 comments:

Janet O. said...

Well, I'd say that you can sew them all the same because all you have to do to switch the orientation is rotate it a quarter turn, since your background appears non-directional. : )
I am really loving the Hunter's Star. Makes me think of a tropical jungle.

Vireya said...

Hooray! Lovely to see the first hexie. You did have good variation of colours this week. I've been keeping track, and if I had started last week I would have a rosette of 5 green and 2 teal hexies. Two days until I start for real.

Kelly Grace said...

*sigh* I drank the doggone Kool Aid again! I started my temperature quilt too. I posted about it today and have 2 blocks done. Darn you!!!!

margaret said...

hexies looking good and the hunters star is amazing hope to see more of it soon as it is a block that looks so difficult to do

Pamela said...

Great weather report! I have been working on mine, but so far it's pretty dull. I'll try to post about it soon.

KimM said...

I vote for symmetry.....but that's the OCD in me coming through - HA!
xxx

Jo said...

I like the angled hexie. It's off, like me. Haha