Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Wednesday Weather Report #11

Wow! We are almost 1/4 of the way through this Temperature Quilt project.
It feels like we started just yesterday...

75-71-69-71-77-79-81F

As this has been getting bigger and bigger it's been getting harder to find a place to keep it layed out so that I can try to not have the same oranges (I'm sooooo sick of orange!) or background fabrics together. I was trying to think of a random wall (stairwell?) that I could tack it up out of the sun. Duh! If I would just clean off part of the design wall, this would be the perfect place to hang it and it's more convenient when picking the next fabric square.


It's mostly fabrics or panels waiting for (more) inspiration so it was ok to put them back on a shelf for later inspiration.


And here we are with last week's rosette.

Uh, yeah, I added that FQ of hexie fabric, gifted by the LQS, so I can think of a design to use it with...maybe for my next trunk show in October.

Speaking of which, and since I've already told a couple people, I might as well let the cat completely out of the bag.

I. Started. Another. Hexie. Project.

I know. It's a sickness...

It started as another Duh! moment and instead of saying to myself that it was a good idea, I'll work on it later, the weekend plans shifted to get this project in motion.


After saving this $6 batik scrap for over 7 months, I finally realized it matched this Tula Pink FQ  I got back in June. Are they a perfect match? Not quite but close enuf when one is on the front and the other on the back.

And WHY do my LQSs not carry Tula Pink? Love her stuff!



I immediately browsed my hexie ideas on the evil website (ONLY possible cuz the new cell tower was finally activated. 4 bars is fantastic!!!) and found this idea. The colors didn't excite me much but when you insert the vibrant TP/batiks I think it's a much more exciting idea.


This is destined for the doll cat bed - I think I have the sizing pretty close but I may have to extend borders a little. In the mean time I've started stitching the center and outside corners, while I wait for a road trip to get some solid black and creams.

Now you see why the hexie Christmas fabric is waiting for it's own inspiration...

Don't forget to join our weather report linky!!




5 comments:

Julierose said...

WOW--it's been HOT where you are seeing those oranges...

I am doing orange stuff, too...but for Halloween...

Hugs, Julierose

Vireya said...

Your weather hexies look good on the design wall. And I like the look of your new project, too.

Pamela said...

You are a little cooler than I am here. Great fabrics! I have a hard time saying no to a new project. I understand completely!

margaret said...

wish we could have some of your hot weather schools broke up a couple of weeks ago so the weather changed to cool and quite a bit of rain too.
What a great design wall you have. Lots of projects in the making

Sok Sareth said...

The content of your blog is exactly what I needed, I like your blog, I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in traffic density, which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.

บอลพรุ่งนี้